Sunday, July 28, 2013

My New State of Mind


"Essentially research is nothing but a state of mind....a friendly, welcoming, attitude towards change...going out to look for change instead of waiting for it to come" (Kettering, in Boyd, 1961)

Even though the 2013-2014 school year is still four weeks away, for me it has started. I liked that
Dana refers to the places where to find your "wonderings"  as passions.  I find that my pasions overlap, but I finally decided that my action research project is working with students that always draw me in - the struggling learners.  I'm excited to begin researching my topic and the putting into place interventions that I hope will make these students successful.  For several years now,  I have started the school year hopeful, but ended frustrated that we had kept doing the same things with the same results.  I am excited to be part of a process of change and hope that the information learned will help all students feen confident and truly become life long learners.   Every kid wants to do their best - they don't come to school wanting to fail, it is up to us to hep them succeed!


Let the Journey Begin!

1 comment:

  1. I also like that we are learning about how to use our passions to guide us in our research. It is important to love what you do and do what you love. It is funny how teachers will do the same thing year after year and expect the outcome to improve. I suppose it is both of our goals to change the teachers to improve the students.

    ReplyDelete